Wednesday 26 July 2017

Mushroom Luncheon Surprise

What is Mushroom Luncheon Surprise (I hear you ask)

This is what is created when you take ingredients to work too cook a rich mushroom risotto only to find that the packet of rice you bought, less then 2 months ago, has weavils .... and you're hungry.
No I am not eating weavils, so into the bin goes the rice and I am left with a basic mushroom, onion and garlic stir fry.  Luckily there is a huge jar of braised artichokes in the fridge, and a block of parmesan cheese.  Dressed with a sprinkle of dried chillies and seasoning and it seems, we have lunch!


Follow this up with a plate of apricot, coconut logs and the meal is complete.


Let's just say, dinner tonight will be HUGE

Here is the recipe for these gorgeous apricot logs.

This is so funny, seriously, you have to laugh.
A mid week vegetarian luncheon creation.   It's serendipity!
Buon appetito, Merryn xx

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very delicious lunch, Merryn. I love those apricot coconut bites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, it was surprisingly tasty although I would have liked mored. Do try the apricot bites they are amazing 8)

      Delete
  2. Mushroom, onion and garlic stir fry with braised artichokes and parmesan sounds really nice! It can even be tossed in a pasta together with the oils from the braised artichoke. Now you made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raymund, it was delicious. I just wish I had the carbohydrates here like pasta to go with it.

      Delete
  3. What a delicious way to save the day with a tasty meal. I store my rice in the fridge after having a similar experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a brilliant idea! I have started freezing unopened packets overnight but I can see how the fridge is a better idea, especially leading up to Summer 8)

      Delete
  4. Bummer about the rice! But you did more than OK, I'd say -- this looks really good. Fun post -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John, I certainly made the best of what was available 8)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like the perfect way to recover from a weevil attack! I love mushrooms so this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelsie, yes luckily mushrooms are delicious 8)

      Delete
  6. I've never had weavels in my rice, I keep several varieties in airtight containers in my panty! Now I'm totally freaked out!!
    What a beautiful dish to save the day. I just noticed your URL is dot ca, are you in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in Australia Eva, thanks for passing by, this rice/quinoa blend was in an unopened packet well before it's use by date. It is much safer in plastic containers.

      Delete
  7. The apricot coconut bites seems mouth-watering, Merryn! Can't wait to prepare them!

    ReplyDelete